Welcome to AAU's course catalog. AAU was founded in 1990 and is the oldest private institution of higher education in the Czech Republic. It prides itself on providing a distinctive, personalized, university education in English, stemming from the best American and British academic traditions.
Located in a beautiful baroque palace in Prague’s historic Malá Strana district, AAU is a center of academic excellence, where students from all over the world pursue their studies in an environment that encourages intellectual curiosity, leadership, cooperation, and respect for cultural and national diversity.
AAU is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), an American accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The programs, taught by qualified and internationally renowned faculty, are also accredited by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic.
School of Business Administration
- BA in Business Administration
- BA in Business Administration - Marketing and Communications emphasis
- BA in Business Administration- Strategic Marketing Analysis and Planning emphasis
- MA in Business in Law and International Markets
School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- BA in Humanities Society and Culture
- BA in Politics and Society
- BA in Jewish Studies: History and culture
- BA in Visual Art Studies
- MA in Humanities
School of International Relations & Diplomacy
School of Journalism
John H. Carey II School of Law
- Certificate of Higher Education in Common Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - undergraduate entry
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - graduate entry
- Master of Law (LLM)
Rules and Regulations
The fundamental AAU rules and regulations are specified in the Academic Codex, which is complemented by the Financial Policy, Scholarship Policy, Admission Policy and Transfer Policy. Please check out also the Student Handbook for practical information regarding the studies.
For organization of the academic year please see the Academic Calendar
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.